Coconut oil is a food that is particularly good at stimulating the metabolism. Many general tips and tricks on how to boost your metabolism can already be found here.
In this article, we will show you what coconut oil can do in the human organism, how it is used and what you should pay attention to when buying it.
The beneficial effect of coconut oil on the organism
The oil of the coconut palm, when properly used, not only enriches the metabolism but also protects against cardiovascular diseases. It also has the property of positively affecting cholesterol levels.
The lauric acid contained in coconut oil is converted into monolaurin in the body and strengthens the immune system. As a result, influenza viruses or bacteria, which can often lead to urinary tract infections or gum disease, have no chance.
The oil is versatile and even protects babies from the unpleasant diaper rash.
The situation is different with medium-chain fatty acids. These are absorbed by the liver shortly after admission and converted into energy.
It increases both physical and mental performance. As the metabolism is stimulated, coconut oil helps to prevent tiredness and exhaustion, to curb and avoid them.
The benefits of coconut oil at a glance
- Contains fewer calories than other fats.
- Ideal for frying thanks to high heat resistance.
- It has an antibacterial effect on the skin, hair, teeth and gums.
- Anti-aging action, tones the connective tissue and relaxes the muscles.
- So it’s great as a skin cream for a smoother skin.
- Coconut oil is an ideal metabolism stimulator.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- There is initial evidence that coconut oil can relieve Alzheimer’s and has preventive properties against cancer.
Why coconut oil helps to lose weight
Research has shown that coconut oil can both reduce hunger and increase satiety.
As already mentioned, the oil has medium-chain fatty acids (MCT fats), which come into play and are responsible for this. When coconut oil is added, energy is directly provided to the body, the digestive organs are not burdened and the blood sugar level does not rise.
Coconut oil can help the body lose weight, as long as you integrate it sensibly and above all into your sports and nutrition plan.
The right application of coconut oil
It has been proven that coconut oil not only stimulates the metabolism but also has an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect. It is used primarily in the kitchen for cooking, baking and frying.
A major advantage is the thermal stability, so that even when prepared at high temperatures no harmful pollutants arise.
As with other metabolically stimulating foods, it is important to find the right level. That’s why the motto “much helps a lot” does not apply when using this oil.
The difference between coconut oil virgin, refined or native
Coconut oil It is very important that you pay attention to the fact that your coconut oil is called “virgin” and is not a refined oil.
The virgin coconut oil is a pure natural product. It is grown organically and harvested by hand. The word “extra”, which sometimes appears on the label, is a pure marketing term.
Refined oil, on the other hand, loses valuable and important vitamins when heated. The refined coconut oil is unfortunately cured with hydrogen in production, which can lead to dangerous trans fatty acids and therefore harmful to the human organism.
Only the native, so cold pressed coconut oil, are still the valuable fatty acids contain, which have the positive effects on body and metabolism.
How is the oil extracted from the coconut palm?
After harvesting the coconuts, they are separated from the pulp, also known as copra. The copra obtained is crushed and then dried. Thereafter, the dried mass is squeezed out in oil mills.
Recipes with coconut oil to lose weight and enjoy
In principle, you can prepare practically all fried foods with coconut oil and thus create your own recipes.
The oil loses its coconut flavor when heated and can therefore be used well for spicy foods.
Here are two example recipes that contain coconut oil and are suitable for weight loss.
Carrots in a coconut shell (for 2 persons)
40 grams of grated coconut
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp honey
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Roast the grated coconut in a pan until golden brown.
- Put coconut oil in a pan and sweat the carrots in it al.
- Add salt and add lime juice. If necessary, add a little water as well.
- Add the honey and let it saute for 2 minutes.
- The liquid should then evaporate with the lid open.
- Then skew the slightly caramelized carrots onto skewers and toss them in the roasted coconut flakes.
- Bon Appetit!
Warm cauliflower salad (for 2 persons)
100 ml of coconut milk
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
4 tablespoons honey
1 yellow pepper
a little mint
- Wash the cauliflower, peppers, tomatoes and orange.
- Then cut the cauliflower into small florets and the peppers into cubes.
- Remove the seeds of the tomatoes and dice the tomatoes.
- Rub the peel of half an orange and then the
- Squeeze juice of the entire orange.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and fry the cauliflower over medium heat. Then paprika and
- Add the diced tomatoes and fry for 3 minutes.
- Use the honey to caramelise the vegetables and then add the orange peel and the orange juice.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until the consistency is creamy.
- Garnish with mint last.
- Bon Appetit!
Pay attention to the fine print while shopping and avoid refined coconut oils. Always use only a high quality, native coconut oil for preparation.
If you replace your normal oil with coconut oil, you will be amazed how healthy and fit you will feel.
With regular use and a healthy diet, fat helps you to boost your metabolism and lose weight.